2018 San Francisco Decorators Showcase ~ Nursery by Dina Bandman Interiors
In this sophisticated take on a baby’s nursery, gender neutral yellow and mint substitute traditional pink or blue to create an exquisite nursery design. Inspired by recent travels to Italy and its lemon filled Amalfi Coast, the room exudes cheer with its hand-painted and sequin embellished de Gournay wallpaper, custom made for Dina Bandman for San Francisco Showcase. Tailored arched window treatments have been handpainted in the same pattern with their branches ascending towards a ceiling adorned with pale yellow lattice work.
Equipped with all the necessities for a newborn to nestle in style, including a custom lucite Plexi-Craft four poster crib, hand embroidered linens, a custom changing table and an elegant of wingback chair covered in soft creamy hues of embroidered linen - the space maintains the utmost functionality without sacrificing one ounce of finery.
Professional room photography may be downloaded here.
Credits: "Interior Design by Dina Bandman Interiors. Photography by Christopher Stark."
All online and social media use must link back to the designer and photographer websites and social media profiles:
Usage Rights: These images may be used for editorial purposes at no charge. Vendors may also use these images at no charge for their own social media, website, and marketing brochures. Print advertising is not included and will incur a separate usage fee. Photo credits are required in all contexts. All copyrights remain with the photographer.
- de Gournay “Lemondrop Lullaby” | Wallpaper & Window Treatments
- Beautiful Bed Company | Toy Box
- California Closets | Closet Build Out
- Chelsea Textiles | Fabric
- Chroma Colors - Michael Clementi | Paint Contractor
- Coleen & Company | Custom Chandelier
- Cowtan & Tout | Chair & Ottoman Fabric
- Custom Creations - Cecilia Lopez | Soft Goods Fabrication
- De Sousa Hughes | Fisher Weisman Side Table
- Hardesty Dwyer | Wingback Chair
- HCL Construction | Contractor
- Holland & Sherry | Chelsea Textiles - Fabric for Closet Wallcovering, French Mattress & Changing Pad Cover
- Fitzgerald | Ottoman Upholsterer
- Floor Design | Vintage Oushak Rug
- Forbes & Lomax | Light Switch
- Julia B. | Handmade Linens
- LuxHoldups | Lucite Tie Backs and Accessories
- Martin Kobus | Workroom Services
- Plexi-Craft | Custom Lucite Crib
- Sabrina Landini | Sconces
- Samuel & Sons | Passementerie
- Shears & Window | Vaughn Floor Lamp
- Stephanie Breitbard Collection | Fine Art Building Blocks
- WCD (Wall Covering Designs) | Wallpaper & Acoustic Installation
Digital Media Kit: Robert Whitworth Creative
Designer’s Portrait: Meg Miller Photography
About Dina Bandman
Dina Bandman always knew she wanted to be an interior designer, but her path to design was not an ordinary one. After completing an undergraduate degree at Vanderbilt University, Dina went to law school and earned her J.D degree in New York before ultimately deciding to follow her passion for interior design.
She went on to study Interior Design at New York’s acclaimed Art Institute and began working with Katie Leede Studio. A former Old Hollywood fanatic, Dina was inspired by Katie’s more boho, eclectic, and vibrant aesthetic-- an experience to which she credits her knowledge and appreciation for a wide range of interior styles and antiques. In 2015, she relocated to San Francisco and went to work alongside Shelley Cahan of Shelley & Company until ultimately opening her own design studio, Dina Bandman Interiors.
Dina’s style embraces all the influences of the cities she has been lucky to call home--California Cool, Southern Charm, Miami Art Deco, and New York Traditional. She prides herself on her ability to merge disparate styles without sacrificing her client’s needs, creating bespoke spaces infused with individual personality reflective of her clients. Although she never pursued her law degree beyond passing the bar, she thanks that experience for making her a better designer - in a world where timelines and tenacity are ever important, she brings her ability to be analytical and a critical thinker to the table to deliver stunning projects, on time and on budget.
About The San Francisco Decorators Showcase
The 41st annual SF Decorators Showcase is located at 465 Marina Boulevard in the heart of San Francisco’s Marina District, marking the first time in Showcase history that the event will be held in the historic neighborhood. This 1930 home was originally designed by architect George McCrea and has been completely transformed by Northern California’s top interior and landscape designers.
Widely considered to be the West Coast’s premier Showcase event, all the funds raised through the SF Decorator Showcase go directly to support the San Francisco University High School Financial Aid Program. Open to the public from April 28 - May 28, 2018. (Closed Mondays, except for Memorial Day). For more information, visit www.decoratorshowcase.org